Friday, April 13, 2007

FIGURING THINGS OUT

When I was in grade school, I was subjected to bullying. In Junior High, it really got bad. I would go home and tell my parents I was being picked on. But hey, small town America... country kids... know what my dad told me? over & over?

Fight back! So what if you get hurt? Hurt the guy who hurts you, right back! If you can, whip them... beat them up! But fight back. Don't come home whining about being picked on. Somebody shoves you- shove them back! Somebody hits you-hit them back! Somebody beats you up for fighting back- keep standing up for yourself and keep on fighting back.

But I wasn't very big. And I was a wimp- a real wus! A crybaby!

That was then.

And when I got to be 10 or 11, somebody I was related to did something to me they shouldn't have. And I let them. I didn't fight back. I should have. I should never have given in. But I did. I should have taken some bruises and black eyes. Some violence and given some right back. But I didn't. And thus, years of activity morally reprehensible took place. I wish now I would have stopped it when I was a kid.

But, some of us are too weak. And we need the adults who love us to do something in our behalf. But we have to tell them.

Today, I am not bullied. Not pushed around and not called names and treated badly. And no one abuses me sexually.

Life is not always kind.

It isn't God's fault, though. He is there for me, always has been. I just didn't know HOW IMPORTANT I could let Him be in my life. But by giving Him my heart, I find peace, even in the middle of tragedy or the sorrow that the past sometimes causes me.

If you have issues going on in your life, do something about them- tell the one you trust most, and ask them to stand by you and face the issues, the people- the whatever-is-going-on in your life.

Do not weep alone.

But while you are dealing with the issues taking place in your life, forgive the monster or monsters who have hurt you- forgive and forget. And move on with your life. I did.

And I will help you if you need.

Loving prayers...

No comments: